Thursday, March 02, 2006

Flashback: 1991 Senior Project


Back when I was a Senior in high school, I was considered "alternative." Clothing mostly consisted of black items, attitude was much like Christian Slater's in the movie "Heathers," and basically just trying to "push the envelope" in every way that I could at my high school, Cathedral Prep, which happened to be a private Catholic school.

I decided to do a Grim Reaper. What could be more of the opposite from the holy teachings that I was exposed to on a daily basis. To my surprise, my teacher had no issue with it. In fact, he thought it was a great idea. The picture that I used to draw it from is long gone, but my interpretation of it for this final project is quite real. So real, that my wife surprised me with it being professionally framed for Valentine's Day this year.

She is so good to me and is fully supporting my interest in the "rebirth" of my past talents.

Thanks, Cathie! I love you! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cate said...

You're very talented! Exquisite art deserves to be framed!

Keep drawing! If this is the kind of work you produced in high school, I'm sure I'd be stunned to see what you could create now (in addition to all of your wondeful doodles and Illustration Friday drawings)!

Anonymous said...

you always were so very talented! that's awesome that you have art adorning your wall -- what a wonderful wife you have!

Lou said...

Cate,

Thanks again for getting framed for me. I love you very much for it (and other things, too). I promise you that I will continue drawing and if you keep framing the stuff, our walls will be filled soon.

Melanie,

Thanks for the support. It was a little weird seeing on the wall at first.