Saturday, January 06, 2007

C. Burr Artz Public Library Lobby


Library Lobby
Originally uploaded by louhamilton23.

We went to the library today and for some reason, this was the first time I noticed this art work in the lobby of the C. Burr Artz Public Library. Apparently, this art has been there since they remodeled the building over a year or two ago.

The art was done by Dennis Anderson. It consists of six murals (only four are shown since the other two are to the sides of me) named 'Small Paradise.' In my opinion, it's very simple. However, it has some very interesting features within it. I'm not sure how it fits with the library theme or why it was chosen, but I like that he library has chosen to support the arts. The library actually has a number of pieces displayed around the entire building. the Children's Room has has a "Storytime Room" which includes a full wall mural of various children's book characters and a humongous tree (I think its called the Story Tree) where staff members can sit under and read to the children.

Honestly, I know nothing about the artist Dennis Anderson or any other work that he has done. If you know who he is and what other things he has done, please let me know.

No comments: