Monday, June 05, 2006

New Books

Cathie went to NYC with her mother this past weekend. In her adventures there, she picked me up a couple of really cool books while at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

"The Art Book" is a list of 500 artists and describes one of their typical works. The work ranges from early medieval to modern times. It is alphabetical order so it makes finding an artist easy since you do not need to know what period his/her work is from. Very educational.

"The Wisdom of the Buddha" seems to be more of a historical book than any philosophical teachings. I am not a practicing Buddhist, but I do enjoy reading and learning about the religion. This book certainly looks interesting and looks like it adds a lot of additional information that I was not aware of from other reading I have done on the subject.

I think both books are great and cannot wait to read them.


Hopefully, I will have my IF drawing up later this week. It is taking me longer then expected.

1 comment:

Tony LaRocca said...

Take your time with your IF! Everyone's in rush to get theirs out first, like you win a prize or something!